At Skyline Whitespace based in South West London, we have a dedicated team of exhibition and event professionals who are devoted to designing powerful experiences for some of the World’s largest brands through exceptional design, great storytelling and innovative engagement tools that bring to life a client’s brand and delivers real results both for the client and its audiences across the globe.
We are seeking a bright, talented Workshop Technician to work alongside the Workshop Manager in a newly built workshop in an existing exhibitions company. You will to assist in delivering creative custom stands and bespoke elements to supplement our modular stand offerings.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for events and is looking to develop their career in the exhibition design industry. You’ll have great practical skills and will be part of designing, constructing and building furniture, props, stage sets and exhibitions.
- To work in the workshop alongside the Workshop Manager, in-house creative team and Project Managers to build exhibition stands and anything that comes our way but also confident in your ability to work independently
- To work on site building and finishing stands to a high standard when necessary
- Manage, assess and repair all additional exhibition stock
- Manage material, consumables and tool stocks in the warehouse
- Help to maintain a pristine workshop environment with particular attention to levels of dust
- Work with Workshop Manager to constantly update equipment, processes and creative ideas
Essential skills required:
- Evidence of projects you have been a part of or a portfolio of work that that can demonstrate suitability for this role
- Enthusiasm, energy and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be a team player and great problem solver
- Methodical, structured and self-motivated person with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- A calm approach to tasks with a meticulous attention to detail
- Have a good level of computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills and client facing presentation
- Driver’s license and ability to travel to office/central London out of hours
- Knowledge of drawing software such as Auto CAD
- Good knowledge of innovative materials, new techniques and have a creative mind-set to bring new ideas to the company
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV using the following link: email@example.com