About the job
Skyline Whitespace are looking for an experienced, technically minded, Senior Project Manager, with at least 5 years’ experience within exhibitions, to join our expanding Projects team, working predominantly on the delivery side of large-scale installations, working globally.
You will have the ability to multitask and should thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll be provided with the opportunity to further develop your career in this senior role, in time allowing you to establish and managing the growth and development of your own team.
Your role and your responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of the project – from involvement in initial brief and design; estimating; quotation and budget management; planning; liaising with internal teams, external contractors, event organisers, suppliers, and venues; onsite delivery and post-project debrief.
- Maintaining commercial control on all project costs, ensuring that specified profit margins are meet, whilst retaining high-quality standards – from concept to delivery.
- Working alongside Sales, assist in the response to complex RFI/RFP.
- Working in partnership with the Design team, generate and translate technical drawings and 3D visuals to fulfil the client’s requirements ensuring accuracy and delivery of requirements.
- Management of project timeframes, production schedules, and costs.
- Accountability for both logistical and technical areas of the project including H&S.
- On-site project management, for the duration of the project.
- Supporting internal Project Team members, as and when required, along with regular reporting on project development and movement.
- Worldwide travel overseeing installations and client meetings
Your experience and skills
- Ideally, 5-10 years within the exhibition industry; with a proven capability of managing the delivery of high-end large-scale installations.
- Experience and day-to-day knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Experience in the use of SketchUp and/or Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Cloud and general knowledge and understanding of digital technology (VR/AI/NFT) and audio-visual equipment is desirable.
- Be able to work individually or as a team player – proven record in leading.
- A willingness to take on responsibility and use initiative to ensure all service levels applicable are meet.
- The ability to work effectively across multiple projects within a fast-paced environment and delegate appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate use of proven project management methodology.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of temporary exhibition construction, along with a solid understanding of technical working and construction drawings.
- A good understanding of associated materials, finishing and overall pre-production process.
- Excellent communications skills at all levels.
- Proactive and creative thinker.
- Highly organised, confident, focussed, and detailed.
- Professional and confident in client facing meetings; with the ability to assist in the preparation of client presentations.
- Commercial minded – demonstrate a clear understanding of company business and the ability to effectively balance cost, quality and ensure profitability.
- Flexibility to deal with the demands of working in the event and exhibitions industry; early mornings, late evenings and some weekend working.
- Ability and willingness to travel international (with a valid passport) when required – predominantly you will be UK based, working from our office in Wimbledon and remotely from other locations as required.
- Full clean UK Driving licence
Remuneration and benefits
- Between £45,000 – £50,000 basic salary
- Incentive bonus scheme
- Private health insurance
- Medical cash plan
If you’d like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!