If you’d like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Finance Manager
The Assistant Finance Manager role is a key role supporting and understudy to the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth day to day running of the finance department, meeting the company monthly financial reporting deadlines and link to the wider business. The supervision of AR and AP staff.
The Assistant Finance Manager will report directly into the Finance Manager but will take full on responsibility and work independently on the new business entity Whitespace XPO Ltd. (£2M Turnover).
- Overall responsibility of the day-to-day accounting processes of the business
- Raising and entering sales orders in (Sage 200) in accordance with show dates in Filemaker.
- Entering Purchase invoices in Sage and arranging approvals in the WAP cost accounting system.
- Monthly uploading and managing (approving) staff / credit card expenses in the WAP system.
- Posting client receipts into Sage and ensuring orders show the correct “Dispatch Status” in Filemaker
- Weekly checks to ensure the Sales Orders have come across from Filemaker into Sage, to enable invoices to be issued accurately and in a timely manner.
- Post supplier payments on Direct Debits in Sage 200.
- Weekly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare weekly BACS run in Sage and upload to online bank account for payment
- Monthly accrual and prepayment postings
- Full responsibility of the Credit Control, chasing all outstanding and deposit invoices.
- Assist in raising Storage invoices in both companies.
- Supporting and understudy to Finance Manager with monthly payroll
- Preparation of Monthly Payroll and checking all Payroll forms and ensuring RTI compliance
- Monthly commission calculations for both companies
- Reconciling and uploading to the Nest pension portal
- Updating Fixed Asset List and run depreciation
- Monthly posting of job journals to correct summary margin report
- Enter Webshop /Stripe cash receipt postings in Sage
- Calculation of all Month end adjustments including but not limited to Prepayments, accruals, deferred income, and costs
- Covering for other team members in case of staff absence
- Any other Adhoc duties as required
- Qualified accountant AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, SAGE 200 accounting and SAGE payroll software.
- Desirable knowledge of WAP and File Maker systems as integrated with Sage.
- Strong system processes experience
- Good organisation, administrative and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative whilst working to deadlines
- Ability to be hands on within the accounts department
- Attention to detail and timeliness.
Salary and Benefits
Up to £40k
Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm.