Outstanding opportunity for someone to drive the business forward and help deliver excellent customer service the exhibition and event experience industry.
Skyline Whitespace is a busy, creative event and exhibition production company based in Wimbledon, SW London. We have a dedicated team of exhibition and event professionals who are devoted to designing powerful experiences for some of the world’s largest brands. Through exceptional design, great storytelling and innovative engagement tools, we bring to life a client’s brand and deliver real results, both for the client and their audiences across the globe.
Skyline Whitespace leads the industry in custom modular exhibition displays. We are a busy, creative and vibrant company with a strong customer focus. We are uncompromisingly dedicated to the quality of our service. Every member of staff should have the knowledge, skills and attitude to deliver a service that is second to none. We aim to exceed our customer’s expectations and everyone at Skyline Whitespace has a role to play in that mission.
The warehouse team is vital to the future success of the Company and has its part to play in developing our service to our customers. they provide a vital link in the delivery of our business, interacting with staff at all levels and clients too.
Your job description outlines the responsibilities and tasks that you are expected to perform in your role as Warehouse Supervisor. The list is not exhaustive and other duties of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
- Carryout daily warehouse duties to meet demands as directed by Warehouse Manager, production schedules and workflow.
- Plan and organise tasks to utlilise resources efficiently.
- Arrange warehouse stock to most suited locations.
- Respond to other department’s demands and requests in an efficient manner.
- Carry out administration duties as required ensuring that all records are up to date.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations, recommend measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency and performance.
- Assume responsibility for delivery of all goods received by warehouse.
- Load and unload deliveries by forklift, pallet jack or by hand.
- Move inventory to various locations manually and by operating mechanical equipment, including fork lift, pallet jack, and handcart.
- Carry out procedures for extra returns from shows, informing AM by email reports, attaching red returns label and notifying Storage Liaison when 30 days free storage is over.
- Supervise storage of all client owned inventory and other items in the warehouse.
- Carry out regular and scheduled inventory checks.
- Maintain accurate inventory of client owned items in warehouse.
- Maintain accurate inventory of new stock of Skyline products in warehouse.
- Exercise appropriate responsibility for the welfare and safety of others working in the warehouse.
- Develop and maintain collaborative effective working relationships with staff, managers and external contacts.
Maintenance and safety:
- Maintain warehouse in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety procedures and Company practices.
- Ensure that inventory labels, location guides and safety signs are posted and clearly visible.
- All inventory stored on pellets are neatly piled and shrink wrapped.
- Fire exits, signs and fire equipment are accessible and in good condition.
- All aisles are clear and allow safe and proper access by handling equipment.
- All accidents are reported and appropriate action carried out.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to Services Director immediately.
- Carry out procedures for checking condition of movable equipment such as forklift and access equipment such as ladders. Arrange orderly replacement of items as they become obsolete or deteriorate. Keep records of checks made.
Other duties as assigned:
- Other duties could include working within the I&D teams to provide support during absences or shortage of staff during busy periods.
- Warehouse and Distribution experience
- Knowledge of custom modular stand systems or general industry knowledge advantageous
- Team orientated with the ability to work with own initiative
- First rate communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- Strong customer focus
- Must have a great eye for detail and a thorough and detailed approach to work
- Must have clean UK driver’s license
- Forklift licence or willing to acquire
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV using the following link: email@example.com